Our Heirloom Collection is a highly curated selection of one-of-a-kind rugs chosen for their rarity, character, and unique beauty.
- Rare antique handmade Persian Serapi area rug, circa 1890
- Hand knotted and dyed with natural vegetable dyes
- Low wool pile on a cotton foundation, great antique condition
- Abrash (highly sought after color variation in handcrafted wool rugs due to the small batch dyeing process and natural aging in older rugs)
- Slightly irregular shape (narrows to 11', but not very noticeable due to the large size)
Serapi rugs are the most rare and desirable of Heriz rugs, woven in the mountains of Northwest Persia and seldom seen after 1910. These masterpieces have finer knotting and more spaced out designs than typical Heriz rugs. Antique Serapi rugs were woven primarily by families of highly skilled women and took years to complete.
Due to the vintage/antique nature of our rugs, there may be imperfections and signs of wear. This character is what I appreciate about a time worn rug and hope you will too. Colors may vary based on your screen or home lighting. I try to photograph each rug as accurately as possible in daylight, but please be aware that they will look different in low light. I’m always happy to send photos in lower lighting upon request.
Ships from Hamilton, ON. Free local pickup available.
Eligible for return with a 6% restocking fee.